Rigid PCB | Types of PCB
Rigid PCB is Solid, inflexible Printed Circuit Board. PCB can be Single or Double Sided PCB or Multilayer PCB. A PCB can be Rigid, Flexible or Rigid-Flex.
Rigid PCB is Solid, inflexible Printed Circuit Board. We all know that a PCB can be Single Sided PCB, Double Sided PCB or Multilayer PCB. At the same time a Printed Circuit Board can be Rigid, Flexible or Rigid-Flex (Combination of Rigid and Flexible PCB).
So, Rigid Circuit Board is a Board that we cannot bend or force out of shape. It is not flexible. A Rigid PWB can be Single Sided, Double Sided or Multilayer. Once a Rigid Circuit Board is manufactured they cannot be modified or folded into any other shape.
Rigid Circuit Board is made of solid substrate with copper tracks and component layouts where Active and Passive Electronic Components (Through-Hole, SMD Components or Mixed PCB Assembly) are soldered either by automated Through Hole Soldering Technology like Wave Soldering or Automated Surface Mount Technology (SMT) like Reflow Soldering. Hand Soldering can also be done.
Example: All hard solid PCBs that you see in the market on in your daily life like computer motherboard or mobile phone PCB are all examples of Rigid PCB.
Multilayer PCB Manufacturing Process
- The process starts with designing Layout of the PCB using any PCB designing software / CAD Tool (Proteus, Eagle, OrCAD).
- All rest of the steps are of Manufacturing Process of a Rigid Printed Circuit Board is same as Single Sided PCB or Double Sided PCB or Multilayer PCB.
Video: How to Make a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) – Step By Step Guide & Tutorial
Benefits of Rigid PCB
- Cheaper as compared to flexible PCB.
- More durable than flexible Circuit Boards.
- High quality and density.
- Widely used in many electronic devices.
- More demand and supply.
Uses of Rigid PCB
Rigid Printed Circuit Boards offer increased circuit density and can reduces size and overall weight of the board. This is why many electronic companies in the world use these boards in several electronic devices and gadgets:
- Computers and Laptops
- Telecommunications Equipment – Mobile Phone, Tablets and other Hand Help Devices
- File server and Data storage
- Signal transmission, mobile phone repeaters, GPS
- Medical Equipment: Testing, X-Ray, Heart Monitor, CAT Scan
- Industrial Equipment
- Atomic and Nuclear Systems
- Military and Defense Equipment
- Anywhere, where complex Circuitry is needed.
Rigid and Rigid-Flex PCB Manufacturer
WellPCB PTY LTD, registered in Australia, is a daughter company of Uniwell Circuits Co. Ltd. The Company is one the Leading Manufacturers of Rigid-Flex PCB.
The company focuses on Printed Circuit Board Fabrication and PCB Assembly Turnkey Services, High Quality, Low Cost, Fast Delivery and Easy Ordering for customers all over the world.
WellPCB is capable of delivering over 10000 listing monthly. The company can produce quick turns to meet 24-hour delivery for double-sided PCBs, 48-hour for 4 to 8-layer and 120-hour for 10-layer or higher PCBs. Visit: WellPCB
- Types of PCB | Different Types of Printed Circuit Board (PCB)
- Flex PCB or Flexible PCB
- Rigid Flex PCB
- PCB Vs PCBA – What is the Difference
- Top 10 PCB Manufacturers in USA
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) for Surface Mount Technology (SMT)
- Top 10 PCB Assembly Companies in USA
- Printed Circuit Board Prototype
- Electronic Components, Parts and Their Function
- Basic Soldering Guide – How to Solder Electronic Components
- SMT Surface Mount Technology
- RoHS Guide in Electronics: RoHS, WEEE and Lead-Free FAQ