SMT Book – This Book on Surface Mount Technology – Principles and Practice by Ray. P. Prasad is the only book on SMT that covers the Topic Comprehensively
Good SMT Book (Surface Mount Technology Book) is rare to find. Here I explain about one and only available best SMT Book that comprehensively covers this field of electronics.
About the Author: Mr. Ray. P. Prasad
Mr. Ray. P. Prasad is a well know name in the field of SMT. He possess vast experience of over 30 years in the field of Surface Mount Technology and has given his services as lead engineer at companies like Boeing and Intel.
He has chaired the IPC committees related to SMT, BGA, Profiling, Design and Manufacturing. He also serves as advisory board of several SMT magazines. He is also inductee to the prestigious IPC Hall of Fame.
Mr. Prasad completed his B.S. in Metallurgical Engineering from Regional Institute of Technology in Jamshedpur, India, M.B.A from University of California at Berkeley and M.S., Materials Science and Engineering from University of California at Berkeley.
After serving for several years at companies like Boeing and Intel, where he served as lead engineer, Mr. Prasad started his own SMT consulting service in 1994. He helps companies in successful implementation of SMT, RoHS, BGA and BTC (QFN, DFN and MLF).
Mr. Prasad has also achieved several prestigious awards for his contribution to the advancement of electronics industry. He also holds two patents in BGA.
About the SMT Book – Surface Mount Technology – Principals and Practice
Mr. Prasad published the first edition of his book Surface Mount Technology: Principles and Practice in the year 1989. Second edition of the book was published in the year 1997 by Walter Kluwer Academic Publishers.
This state-of-art work of reference book is very helpful for practicing engineers, managers, technicians, and agents involved in the manufacturing and outsourcing of electronic assemblies. The book is also very helpful for professors and students of electrical, mechanical, manufacturing, materials, and packaging engineering. The book is used in many leading Universities in the United States.
Content on the Book
- Ch. 1. Introduction to Surface Mount Technology
- Ch. 2. Implementing SMT In-House and at Subcontractors
- Ch. 3. Surface Mount Components
- Ch. 4. Substrates for Surface Mounting
- Ch. 5. Surface Mount Design Considerations
- Ch. 6. Surface Mount Land Pattern Design
- Ch. 7. Design for Manufacturability
- Ch. 8. Adhesive and Its Application
- Ch. 9. Solder Paste and Its Application
- Ch. 10. Metallurgy of Soldering and Solderability
- Ch. 11. Component Placement
- Ch. 12. Soldering of Surface Mounted Components
- Ch. 13. Flux and Cleaning
- Ch. 14. Quality Control, Inspection, Repair, and Testing
- App. A. Surface Mount Standards
- App. B. Detailed Questionnaire for Evaluating SMT Equipment: Pick-and-Place (Appendix B1), Screen Printer (Appendix B2), and Reflow Oven (Appendix B3).
How and Where to Buy this SMT Book
Surface Mount Technology – Principals and Practice by Mr. Ray Prasad is exclusively available on Amazon. You can buy it from the link below.
Surface Mount Technology: Principles and Practice (2nd) Edition PDF
You can get some idea about this awesome SMT book in Free PDF. Please note that not all pages are displayed here. In order to get the complete book, you need to buy it.