SMT Pick and Place Machine
SMT Pick and Place Machine – Pick and Place Process, Robot Programming, SMD Placement and SMT Soldering Techniques
SMT (Surface Mount Technology) needs several types of equipment. SMT Pick and Place machine is the heart of surface mount.
What is SMT Pick and Place Machine?
A SMT pick and place machine, also called pick and place robot, picks and places SMD electronic components onto the PCB prior to SMD soldering. These machines generally contribute to about 50% of the total cost of a complete SMT production line.
Some surface mount placement machine (pick and place machine) are very versatile and are capable of placing many different electronic components used in electronics, while others are dedicated to a few component types.
Pick and Place machines use vacuum pickup tools to hold the components. Few others also use vision-assisted alignment. In general, pick-and-place machines offer better speed, accuracy, and flexibility than through-hole insertion machines.
Types of SMT Pick and Place Machine
Pick and place machines for fine pitch (0.5mm) and ultra fine pitch (0.4mm – 0.3mm) placement machines require greater dexterity and precision placement capability. Some of these machines cut and form the leads of the IC package at the time of placement in order to avoid component lead damage due to mishandling. This feature increases process accuracy and precision capabilities.
The number of machines required to adequately assemble all surface mount components varies depending on the type of components being assembled, Type of PCB and the through-put desired by the manufacturer.
Dedicated SMT placement machine can achieve the greatest through-put. Some companies also use dedicated robot for placement of surface mount components. The equipment is generally inexpensive, but the software and hardware development costs are higher.
Video: Pick and Place and Selective Soldering Machine
Following are leading manufacturers of SMT Pick and Place Machine:
- SMT – Surface Mount Technology
- SMT Machine and SMT Machine Manufacturers
- PCB Assembly Machines and Tools
- Best Selective Soldering Machine & Selective Soldering Process
- PCBA Tools – Suppliers of PCB Assembly and Rework Tools, Equipment and Soldering Consumables
- SMT Vs Through Hole Technology – Advantages and Disadvantages
- Benefits / Advantages of Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Over Through-Hole
- Types of Surface Mounting in SMT
- SMT Solder Paste Screen Printer Machine for Solder Paste Screen Printing
- Top Electronic Companies in USA
- SMT Solvent Cleaning Equipment / Machine To Clean Flux with Water
- SMT Reflow Soldering Equipment / Machine
- SMT Curing / Baking Oven for SMT Soldering
- SMT Repair and Inspection Equipment
- SMT Troubleshooting (SMT / SMD Problem and Solution)