SMT Solvent Cleaning Equipment
SMT Solvent Cleaning Equipment / Machine are used to clean electronic assemblies (PCB) After soldering to remove excess solder flux.
SMT Solvent Cleaning Equipment / Machine are used in Electronics to clean and remove excess flux and impurities from electronic PCB Assemblies after soldering.
Selection of SMT Solvent Cleaning Equipment / Machine
The selection of solvent and cleaning equipment depends on type of flux used and the cleanliness requirements. The PCB Assembly cleaning process has received considerable attention because of efforts to eliminate chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and other ozone depleting chemicals. CFCs were banned at the end of 1995.
Electronic PCB assemblies are presently soldered using various fluxes and solder paste whose residues may require cleaning after the SMT Soldering Process. The use of rosin-based fluxes has mandated a cleaning stem for any manufacturer who performs bed-of-nails testing, because the rosin acts as an insulator and, additionally, it can transfer sticky residue to the problems, making them ineffective for electrical testing.
Military specifications have always required cleaning of Mil-approved RMA or RA fluxes and solder pastes; with ionic contamination testing to assure that the remaining residues do not deteriorate the assembly.
Others require cleaning of rosin flux for cosmetic reasons. Cleaning is also required prior to conformal coating. So those who must use rosin pastes or flux use alternate solvents (non-ozone depleting solvents), semi-aqueous solutions, and saponifying detergents.
When Cleaning is Not Required
In most commercial applications, water soluble solder pastes and fluxes are used. They are generally cleaned with de-ionized water. Many electronic companies have chosen to use low residue, no-clean pastes and fluxes in Surface Mount Technology that require no cleaning at all.
Final Words on SMT Solvent Cleaning
No matter which alternative is chosen, there is a cost associated with new SMT Equipment and material purchases for the chosen alternative. Numerous cleaning technologies are available. One must choose the cleaning process based on the product being built and the cost, performance, and environmental impact of the options. The use of alternative cleaning methods must be coupled with an understanding of the flux type being used.
- SMT Solder Paste Screen Printer Machine for Solder Paste Screen Printing
- SMT Reflow Soldering Equipment / Machine
- PCB Assembly Machines and Tools
- SMT Curing / Baking Oven for SMT Soldering
- SMT Repair and Inspection Equipment
- Goot Solder Pot in India
- SMT Troubleshooting (SMT / SMD Problem and Solution)
- Buy Mobile Phone Repairing Tools Online
- Wave Soldering: Equipment & Process
- Cored Solder Wire – All about flux cored solder wire
- Hot Air Blower Machine for SMD Rework
- Lead-Free (Pb-Free) Solder and Composition
- How to Solder – Hand Soldering Tutorial
- Printed Circuit Board: Design, Diagram and Assembly
- Active and Passive Electronic Components