Top 50 Semiconductor Manufacturing Companies in the World
Top Semiconductor Companies – List of Top 50 Semiconductor Companies in World
Top semiconductor companies in the world – A semiconductor company can manufacture silicon wafer or it can be a fables semiconductor company.
Semiconductors have become a part of electronics and our life. All modern day electronic devices including radio, computers, telephones, mobile phone etc have semiconductor in some form or the other.
What is a Semiconductor?
A Semiconductor can be defined as a material that has the characteristics and ability to conduct a small amount of electrical current in a controlled manner. Semiconductors have much lower resistance to the flow of electrical current in one direction than in another. Diodes, transistors, and many photovoltaic cells contain semiconductive material. The electrical conductivity of a semiconductor can be controlled over a wide range, either permanently or dynamically.
- All about Semiconductor
- How Semiconductor Works
- Top Silicon Wafer Manufacturing Companies in the World
Materials used to Manufacture Semiconductors
There are several materials that are used to make a semiconductor. The basic requirement of a semiconductor is that it should not be a very good conductor of electricity, nor should it be a very bad conductor of electricity. It’s properties can be changed by adding or removing atoms. Silicon is the most widely used semiconductor material. Few other materials used in making semiconductor are germanium, gallium arsenide, and silicon carbide.
List of Top 50 Best Semiconductor Manufacturing Companies in the World
Here is list of top 50 semiconductor manufacturers in the world. This list includes silicon wafer manufacturers, fabless semiconductor companies and companies that manufacture everything related to semiconductors.
- AMI Semiconductor: Manufacturers of semiconductor and integrated circuit devices.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering: The ASE Group is the world’s largest provider of independent semiconductor manufacturing services in assembly and test.
- Analog Devices: High performance signal processing solutions.
- Atmel: Design and manufacture advanced semiconductors.
- Avago Technologies: Manufacturers and suppliers of semiconductors analog, mixed-signal and optoelectronic components and subsystems.
- Cosmic Circuits: Provider of differentiated Analog and Mixed-Signal silicon IP for integration on to System-on-Chips.
- Crocus Technology: Manufacturers of Magnetic Random Access Memory (“MRAM”) products and technologies for the semiconductor and electronic systems industries.
- Dynex Semiconductor: Manufacturer of power semiconductors, IGBTs, SCRs, GTO Thyristors, fast recovery and rectifier diodes, SCR/Diode modules, power assemblies, SAW filters and SOS ICs.
- Elpida Memory: Leading manufacturer of dynamic random access memory (DRAM), RDRAM(R), SDRAM, DDR SDRAM, mobile RAM and consumer SDRAM.
- Fairchild Semiconductor: Global supplier of high performance semiconductor products for electronics industry.
- Freescale Semiconductor: Manufacturer of microcontrollers, microprocessors and semiconductors.
- Fujitsu: Manufacturer and supplier of customer-focused IT and communications solutions.
- Hynix (Formerly Hyundai Electronics): Memory semiconductor supplier of dynamic random access memory (‘DRAM’) chips and flash memory chips.
- IBM: IBM manufactures and sells computer hardware and software.
- IM Flash Technologies: IM Flash Technologies is a joint venture of Micron Technology and Intel. Providers of advanced semiconductor solutions and NAND flash products.
- Infineon Technologies: Manufacturer of memory, MOSFET, power, microcontrollers, communications, and consumer products.
- Inotera: Provides commodity DRAM foundry services on 300mm silicon wafers.
- Intel Corporation: The world leader in silicon innovation develops processor technologies and supports global initiatives.
- International Rectifier: Manufacturer of power semiconductors (MOSFET, IBGT, diodes and Thyristors).
- IPtronics: Fabless semiconductor company offering next generation integrated circuits for parallel optical Interconnects.
- Jennic Limited: Market leader in ZigBee, 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 wireless microcontrollers, modules and evaluation kits.
- Luxtera: Silicon photonics, CMOS photonics.
- Materials Research Corporation (Praxair): Global manufacturer and supplier of highly specialized semiconductor materials and equipment.
- Maxim Integrated Products: Analog and mixed signal ICs in 28 categories.
- Microchip Technology: Microcontroller and analog semiconductors.
- Micron Technology: Offers DRAM components, modules, and NAND flash memory.
- National Semiconductor: Manufacturer and supplier of analog and mixed-signal technologies for systems on a chip.
- NEC: Providers of Internet, broadband network and enterprise business solutions.
- Nemotek Technologie: Manufactures customized wafer level cameras (WLC) for portable applications such as mobile phones and laptop computers.
- Numonyx: A semiconductor company making flash memories.
- Nuvoton: Offers consumer IC design, and foundry service.
- NXP Semiconductors: semiconductors, system solutions and software.
- ON Semiconductor: Supplies a broad portfolio of semiconductors and integrated circuit devices.
- Oramir (now Applied Materials): Advanced technology for cleaning silicon wafers
- Panasonic Corporation: Electronics manufacturing.
- Qimonda: Memory / DRAM
- Reading Works (Now Closed): Manufacturer of integrated circuit and optoelectronic equipment for communication and computing.
- Renesas Technology: Semiconductor, microcomputers, logic and analog devices, discrete devices and memory products.
- Samsung Electronics: Semiconductors including DRAM, flash, SRAM, graphics memory, MCP, mask ROM, system LSI, TFT LCD modules etc.
- Sanyo: Semiconductors including discrete devices, flash memory and ICs.
- Seiko: Semiconductor CMOS IC, power management ICs, EEPROMs, sensors and real-time clocks.
- SensorDynamics: Micro- and wireless semiconductor sensor.
- Sharp Corporation: Among the Worldwide top 20 semiconductor sales leaders
- Sitronics: Offers telecommunications solutions, information technologies, system integration and consulting, and the development and manufacture of microelectronics products.
- Sony: Sony semiconductor
- STMicroelectronics: Offers System-on-Chip (SoC) and semiconductor solutions.
- Texas Instruments: Designer and supplier of digital signal processors, discrete and integrated circuits, calculators, and digital light processing (DLP).
- Toshiba: Manufacturer and supplier of semiconductor, memory storages device, general-purpose logic IC, transistors, diode, optical semiconductor device, sensor, radio-frequency device, microcomputer, ASIC, ASSP, general-purpose linear IC, power supply IC, transistor array, motor driver, operational amplifier IC, comparator IC, Op Amp.
- TriQuint Semiconductor: High-performance RF components for wireless communication.
- Winbond: Semiconductor memory solutions.
Criteria Adapted to Choose the Best and Top Semiconductor Companies
A semiconductor company can either manufacture silicon wafers or it can be a fabless semiconductor company that design chips manufactured by some other companies. There are several semiconductor manufacturing companies in the world. The above list highlights only the top and the best of such companies based on production, quality and market demand and sales.
- SMT (Surface Mount Technology)
- Solar Energy Companies in India – List of Solar Power Companies
- How to Generate Electricity – How is Electricity Generated
- Active and Passive Electronic Components
- Top 10 Solar Companies in India Listed in Stock Market
- Electronic Components Manufacturers, Suppliers and Distributors
- Printed Circuit Board: Design, Diagram and Assembly
- Cleanroom Basics in Manufacturing or Scientific Research