Top 50 Semiconductor Manufacturing Companies in the World
Top Semiconductor Companies – List of Top 50 Semiconductor Companies in World
Top semiconductor companies in the world – A semiconductor company can manufacture silicon wafer or it can be a fables semiconductor company.
Semiconductors have become a part of electronics and our life. All modern day electronic devices including radio, computers, telephones, mobile phone etc have semiconductor in some form or the other.
What is a Semiconductor?
A Semiconductor can be defined as a material that has the characteristics and ability to conduct a small amount of electrical current in a controlled manner. Semiconductors have much lower resistance to the flow of electrical current in one direction than in another. Diodes, transistors, and many photovoltaic cells contain semiconductive material. The electrical conductivity of a semiconductor can be controlled over a wide range, either permanently or dynamically.
Materials used to Manufacture Semiconductors
There are several materials that are used to make a semiconductor. The basic requirement of a semiconductor is that it should not be a very good conductor of electricity, nor should it be a very bad conductor of electricity. It’s properties can be changed by adding or removing atoms. Silicon is the most widely used semiconductor material. Few other materials used in making semiconductor are germanium, gallium arsenide, and silicon carbide.
- Semiconductor Device Fundamentals and Physics
- Uses of Silicon in Electronics
- Top 10 Semiconductor Companies in USA
Top 10 Best Semiconductor Manufacturing Companies in the World
- Samsung Electronics: Semiconductors including DRAM, flash, SRAM, graphics memory, MCP, mask ROM, system LSI, TFT LCD modules etc.
- Intel Corporation: The world leader in silicon innovation develops processor technologies and supports global initiatives.
- SK Hynix: Memory semiconductor company from South Korea, supplier of dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) chips and flash memory chips.
- TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor): Leading Wafer Manufacturer.
- Micron Technology: Offers DRAM components, modules, and NAND flash memory.
- Avago Technologies (Broadcom): Manufacturers and suppliers of semiconductors analog, mixed-signal and optoelectronic components and subsystems.
- Qualcomm: American multinational semiconductor and telecommunications equipment company.
- Toshiba: Manufacturer and supplier of semiconductor, memory storage devices, general-purpose logic IC, transistors, diode, optical semiconductor device, sensor, radio-frequency device, microcomputer, ASIC, ASSP, general-purpose linear IC, power supply IC, transistor array, motor driver, operational amplifier IC, comparator IC, Op Amp.
- Texas Instruments: Designer and supplier of digital signal processors, discrete and integrated circuits, calculators, and digital light processing (DLP).
- Nvidia: American technology company manufacturing graphics processing units (GPU), system on a chip units (SoCs).
List of Next Top 40 Best Semiconductor Manufacturing Companies in the World
Here is list of NEXT top 40 semiconductor manufacturers in the world. This list includes silicon wafer manufacturers, fabless semiconductor companies and companies that manufacture everything related to semiconductors.
- AMI Semiconductor: Manufacturers of semiconductor and integrated circuit devices.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering: The ASE Group is the world’s largest provider of independent semiconductor manufacturing services in assembly and test.
- AMD: American multinational semiconductor company in business of computer processors and related technologies.
- Analog Devices: High performance signal processing solutions.
- Applied Materials: Manufacturers of products for semiconductor industry, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.
- Apple: American multinational technology company, widely known for its iPhone.
- ARM: A company from United Kingdom involved in designing and manufacturing ARM processors (CPUs).
- Atmel: Design and manufacture advanced semiconductors.
- Cosmic Circuits: Provider of differentiated Analog and Mixed-Signal silicon IP for integration on to System-on-Chips.
- Crocus Technology: Manufacturers of Magnetic Random Access Memory (“MRAM”) products and technologies for the semiconductor and electronic systems industries.
- Dynex Semiconductor: Manufacturer of power semiconductors, IGBTs, SCRs, GTO Thyristors, fast recovery and rectifier diodes, SCR/Diode modules, power assemblies, SAW filters and SOS ICs.
- Elkem: Elkem Silicon Materials is on of the world’s leading suppliers of metallurgical silicon with three production plants in Norway.
- Fairchild Semiconductor: Global supplier of high performance semiconductor products for electronics industry.
- Freescale Semiconductor: Manufacturer of microcontrollers, microprocessors and semiconductors.
- Fujitsu: Manufacturer and supplier of customer-focused IT and communications solutions.
- GlobalFoundries: USA based semiconductor company manufacturing arm of AMD Processors.
- Hitachi: Japanese multinational technology company.
- IBM: IBM manufactures and sells computer hardware and software.
- IM Flash Technologies: IM Flash Technologies is a joint venture of Micron Technology and Intel. Providers of advanced semiconductor solutions and NAND flash products.
- Infineon Technologies: Manufacturer of memory, MOSFET, power, microcontrollers, communications, and consumer products.
- International Rectifier: Manufacturer of power semiconductors (MOSFET, IBGT, diodes and Thyristors).
- Luxtera: Silicon photonics, CMOS photonics.
- Materials Research Corporation (Praxair): Global manufacturer and supplier of highly specialized semiconductor materials and equipment.
- MediaTek: Taiwan based fabless semiconductor company.
- Microchip Technology: Microcontroller and analog semiconductors.
- Mitsubishi Electric: Japanese multinational electronics and electrical equipment manufacturing company.
- National Semiconductor: Manufacturer and supplier of analog and mixed-signal technologies for systems on a chip.
- NEC: Providers of Internet, broadband network and enterprise business solutions.
- Nemotek Technologie: Manufactures customized wafer level cameras (WLC) for portable applications such as mobile phones and laptop computers.
- Numonyx: A semiconductor company making flash memories.
- Nuvoton: Offers consumer IC design, and foundry service.
- NXP Semiconductors: semiconductors, system solutions and software.
- ON Semiconductor: Supplies a broad portfolio of semiconductors and integrated circuit devices.
- Oramir (now Applied Materials): Advanced technology for cleaning silicon wafers
- Panasonic Corporation: Electronics manufacturing.
- Renesas Technology: Semiconductor, microcomputers, logic and analog devices, discrete devices and memory products.
- Sharp Corporation: Among the Worldwide top 20 semiconductor sales leaders
- STMicroelectronics: Offers System-on-Chip (SoC) and semiconductor solutions.
- Sony Semiconductor: Japanese company manufacturing wide range of semiconductors and electronic components.
- TriQuint Semiconductor: High-performance RF components for wireless communication.
Criteria Adapted to Choose the Best and Top Semiconductor Companies
A semiconductor company can either manufacture silicon wafers or it can be a fabless semiconductor company that design chips manufactured by some other companies. There are several semiconductor manufacturing companies in the world. The above list highlights only the top and the best of such companies based on production, quality and market demand and sales.
- SMD Surface Mount Electronic Components for SMT
- Solar Energy Companies in India – List of Solar Power Companies
- Top 10 Solar Companies in India Listed in Stock Market
- Cleanroom Basics in Manufacturing or Scientific Research
- Integrated Circuit (IC) – IC Basic Tutorial
- Basic Electronic Components – Types, Functions, Symbols
- Top 10 Mobile Phone Manufacturers in the world
- How Solar Photovoltaic Cells Work
- Solar Photovoltaic Panel System