How is Solar Electricity Produced from Solar Panels and Stored
How is Solar Electricity Produced from Solar Panels and Stored in Batteries for Home and Commercial Use.
Here we will learn in Detail How is Solar Electricity Produced from Solar Panels and Stored in Solar Batteries for Home and Commercial Use.
How is Electricity Produced from Solar Panels?
Solar electricity can be produced in two ways:
1. Using Photovoltaic (PV Cell) or Solar Cells
Photovoltaic or solar cells absorbs sunlight and converts it directly into electricity. Small individual PV cells are electrically connected using flux cored solder wire and PV Ribbon to form a Solar Module. These modules are further electrically connected to form a Solar Panel. These Panels are further connected to form an Array.
A PV cell has 2 or more very thin layers of semiconductor material. Silicon is most widely used semiconductor material. When the silicon is exposed to sun light, electrical charges are generated. This charge is conducted away by metal contacts in the form of direct current (DC).
A solar inverter is then used to convert this DC electricity to AC electricity.
The electricity generated by solar cells by using solar energy can also be stored for later use. This is done by running the current into a bank of solar batteries. However, this method of storing solar electricity generated by array of solar cells is not very much practical or economical. It is an expensive process.
2. Concentrating Solar Power Plants
These solar power plants generate electricity by using the heat from solar thermal collectors. This heat is then used to heat a fluid to produce steam that is used to power a generator that produces electricity.
How Solar Panels Work to Generate Electricity?
Many people just wonder how small photovoltaic (PV) systems, work to convert sunlight into electricity. With the advancement to technology, several systems and technologies are available today to convert solar energy into electrical energy or electricity.
The most common and widely used is photovoltaic (PV). Most of the solar electronic panels used on rooftop are photovoltaic (PV). Photovoltaic or PV cells convert solar energy (energy from the sun) directly into electricity without using any generator or any other additional machinery.
In the 1950s, scientists carried on experiments and developed the process of capturing solar energy through photovoltaic cells. By late 1960s, this new technology was used in the U.S. space program to supply power to electronic equipment of satellites orbiting the earth.
- Solar Photovoltaic Panel System
- How Solar Power Works
- Solar Panel Installation Guide – Step by Step Process
- Home Solar Panel System – Cost, Government Subsidy
- How Solar Water Heater Works
- Solar Home Lighting System – Price, Subsidy Scheme, Manufacturers
- Top 10 Solar Companies in the World
- How is Electricity Generated
- Types of Electric Current | AC (Alternate Current) | DC (Direct Current)
- How to Reduce Electricity Bill
- How Semiconductor Works
- Top 50 Semiconductor Manufacturing Companies in the World
- Top Silicon Wafer Manufacturing Companies in the World
- Solar Energy Companies in India – List of Solar Power Companies
- Top 10 Solar Companies in India Listed in Stock Market