How Solar Power Works
Learn How Solar Power Works or How Solar Panels Work to Produce / Generate Solar Power or Solar Energy / Electricity.
Here we will Learn How Solar Power Works or How Solar Panels Work to Produce / Generate Solar Power or Solar Energy / Electricity.
What is Solar Power?
Converting sunlight into electricity is called solar power. This conversion of sunlight into solar electricity can be done by using Photovoltaics (PV), or with concentrating solar power (CSP).
Here we will focus on the technology that uses Photovoltaic Cells.
Solar power can be used almost anywhere where electricity is needed. Solar power system has advanced over several years. Today we have solar power systems that are more efficient and technologically advanced. New solar energy companies are coming up. This is leading to more manufacturing of solar cells and solar panels leading to competition and drop in price and cost of solar panel installation.
Because solar power is clean, green and renewable, more and more households and businesses are using solar energy for to meet their energy requirements and save and reduce electricity bills.
How Solar Power System Works
Solar power system works by taking energy from the sun, and using solar panels. These solar panels are normally mounted on roofs of buildings to convert sun energy into usable electricity. The electricity thus collected is in the form of DC Current.
A solar inverter is used to convert DC electricity into AC (alternating current) electricity. AC electricity is then passed to an electric grid.
This conversion of DC Electricity is to AC is done by using a System called “Solar PV Balance-of-System” (BOS).
The BOS System uses some equipment to convert DC to AC. Such Equipment include:
- Solar Panels to Generate DC from Sunlight.
- An inverter to convert DC to AC.
- Solar Battery to Store the electricity.
- Few other electrical wiring accessories for installation of the system to work.
- Solar Energy Journal – Uses, Types, Benefits
- Solar Photovoltaic Panel System
- How is Solar Electricity Produced from Solar Panels and Stored
- Solar Panel Installation Guide – Step by Step Process
- Home Solar Panel System – Cost, Government Subsidy
- How Solar Water Heater Works
- Solar Home Lighting System – Price, Subsidy Scheme, Manufacturers
- All about Semiconductor
- How Semiconductor Works
- Top 50 Semiconductor Manufacturing Companies in the World
- Top Silicon Wafer Manufacturing Companies in the World
- Solar Energy Companies in India – List of Solar Power Companies
- Top 10 Solar Companies in India Listed in Stock Market
- Types of Electric Current – AC (Alternate Current) and DC (Direct Current)
- Electronics and Electricity Basics