PCB Assembly Machines and Tools
PCB Assembly Machines and Tools for Automated Manufacturing and Manual Repair Work.
PCB Assembly Machines and Tools for Automated Printed Circuit Board Assembly Process and Manual Repair Work are Different from PCB Manufacturing Equipment.
PCB Assembly Machines, Equipment and Tools are Those that are used to Assemble Electronic Components to the PCB to Complete the Printed Circuit Board Assembly. This Assembly Process can be Automated for Mass Production / Manufacturing or Manual for Small Scale PCB Manufacturing / Assembly.
Here I will discuss about both Automatic and Manual PCB Assembly Machines.
Automated PCB Assemble Machines for Through-Hole Soldering
Automatic Soldering Machines for Through-Hole Electronic Components are Following:
- Wave Soldering Machine: This is the main machine for any Automatic PCB Assembly Line for Mass Production. This Huge Machine is again divided into following sections:
– Conveyor Belt
– Fluxer or Flux Sprayer
– Preheater or Preheating PAD
– A Pan of Molten Solder that Produces Solder Waves with the Help of a Pump.
– ERSA is a Leading Wave Soldering Manufacturer and Exporter.Read More on: Wave Soldering Process
- Solder Pot: This machine also works on more or less on similar principal as the wave soldering machine but on a very small scale. It consists of just a Pot with Molten Solder where Dip Soldering can be Done. This machine is generally used in Small Scale Manufacturing or Production of Small PCBs such as LED Bulb. Goot is a Leading Manufacturer and Exporter of All Types and Sizes of Solder Pots.
Automated PCB Assemble Machines for SMT
Automatic Soldering Machines for SMT Production Line are Following:
- SMT Baking Oven / Curing Oven: In electronics, an oven is required for both adhesive curing and solder paste baking operations. The same or different ovens may be used for adhesive curing and baking of solder paste.
- Reflow Soldering Machine: Most important machine for reflow soldering of SMD with Solder Paste. Two major Reflow Soldering Process include – Vapor Phase; and Infrared.
- SMT Pick and Place Machine: Picks and places SMD electronic components onto the PCB prior to SMD soldering.
- Solder Paste Screen Printer Machine: For Screen Printing of Solder Paste on to the PCB.
- Solvent Cleaning Equipment: Machine used to clean electronic assemblies (PCB) after soldering to remove excess solder flux.
- SMT Repair and Inspection Equipment: For repairing any fault and Inspection of Final PCBA.Read More on: Surface Mount Technology (SMT)
Manual PCB Soldering Equipment
These machines are those that are used either for Repairing or for Small Scale Production / Manufacturing. Major of these Tools and Equipment are:
- Selective Soldering Machine
- Soldering Station and Iron
- Hot Air SMD Blower
- Automatic and Manual Screwdrivers
- Cutters and Pliers
- Magnifying Lamp and Microscope
- Tools and Equipment for ESD Protection and Prevention
- Soldering Consumables (Solder Wire, Bar, Paste, Flux)
PCB Assembly Process
- SMT Machine and SMT Machine Manufacturers
- Top 10 PCB Assembly Companies in USA
- Wave Soldering Process, Defects and Diagram
- How to Solder
- Electronic Circuits for Beginners
- Top 10 PCB Manufacturers in China
- Basic Electronic Components – Types, Functions, Symbols
- Top Electronic Companies in the World
- Top Electronic Companies in USA
- Top 10 PCB Manufacturers in USA
- Printed Circuit Board: Design, Diagram and Assembly
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) for Surface Mount Technology (SMT)
- PCB Vs PCBA – What is the Difference
- Printed Circuit Board Manufacturers