Solar Battery Information – Types, Price, How Solar Batteries Work
Detailed Solar Battery Information – Types, Price, How Solar Batteries Work and More.
Here you will find Detailed Solar Battery Information – Types, Price, How Solar Batteries Work etc.
What is Solar Battery?
Solar batteries are used to store solar energy (solar electricity) and discharge power as and when needed. Rechargeable solar batteries are used in off-grid PV systems to store excess electricity. Some solar battery banks use wet cells, while others use sealed or gel cell batteries. Each of these batteries have different temperature, mounting, and ventilation requirements.
NiMH batteries are preferred and most common when it comes to solar energy because they are better than standard NiCAD batteries in terms of charging and release cycles.
Types of Solar Battery
There are two types of Batteries:
- Flat Plate Battery; and
- Tubular Battery
Tubular batteries are taller than flat plate batteries. They are manufactured by using three main chemical compositions: lead acid, lithium ion, and saltwater. Lithium ion batteries are very successful and best option for a home solar panel system.
How Solar Battery Works
The home solar system generates DC electricity. This DC electricity is converter to AC electricity by using Charge Controller and Solar Inverter. The battery stores this AC electricity to be used at night or when there is no sun light.
Battery Backup Time
Battery backup time depends upon Ampere Hour (Ah). Higher the Ah, more will be backup time. For Example, 200 Ah battery will give backup of around 4 to 5 Hours if 400 Watt Power is Consumed. This means that we can use electrical appliances like 3-4 Led light, 2-3 ceiling fans, 1 Led TV and charge our mobile phone and laptop for 4-5 hours from the battery backup.
Price of solar batteries depend on its capacity (Ah) and Warranty. In India, price may range from Rs. 4,500/- to Rs. 20,000/-. Also NOTE that Tubular Batteries give better backup, last longer and offer more years of warranty. Hence they cost more than flat plate battery. Price also depends on Brand. Some of the popular brands in India are – Exide, Luminous, Amaron, Okaya and Sukam.
Solar Battery Price List in India
|Battery Capacity||Average Price (Rs.)|
I Hope you found this Detailed Solar Battery Information Useful. Please share if you liked.
- PV Cell Working Principle | How Solar Photovoltaic Cells Work
- Solar Photovoltaic Panel System
- How Solar Power Works
- Solar Panel Installation Guide – Step by Step Process
- How Solar Water Heater Works
- Solar Home Lighting System – Price, Subsidy Scheme, Manufacturers
- Top 10 Solar Companies in the World
- Australian Homes with Solar Energy
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Solar Energy
- Solar Energy Cost
- How is Electricity Generated
- Static Electricity and Anti Static Protection (ESD-Safe)
- Types of Electric Current | AC (Alternate Current) | DC (Direct Current)
- How Semiconductor Works
- Top 50 Semiconductor Manufacturing Companies in the World
- Top Silicon Wafer Manufacturing Companies in the World
- Solar Energy Companies in India – List of Solar Power Companies
- Top 10 Solar Companies in India Listed in Stock Market