Solar Energy Cost
Solar Energy Cost by Country.
Solar Energy Cost depends of Several Factors – Cost of Solar Modules and other Hardware, Cost of Solar Inverter and Battery, Installation Cost etc.
Though cost of Solar Modules and Panels have gone down to a Great Extent since 2010, it is still high in some countries. Hence there is NO Fixed Solar Energy Cost. It varies from Country to Country.
Solar Energy Cost by Country (2018)
Cost Per kW
|South Africa||$ 1,617|
|United States||$ 1,549|
Factors that Affect Solar Energy Cost
- Types of Solar Panels – Monocrystalline (Most Efficient but Cost More), Polycrystalline (Less Efficient but Cost Less), Thin Film (Doesn’t uses Silicon and is Least Expensive and Least Efficient)
- Mount Types – Tracking Mount (Expensive), Adjustable Mount (Costs much Lesser), Fixed Mount (Cost Effective).
- Solar Panel Installation – Solar Energy Technician have Different Pay Scale in Different Countries. For e.g. these Technicians are Paid on Hourly Basis in Countries like USA, Canada and UK. In Countries like India and China, these Technicians work on monthly salary basis.
- Maintenance and Repair Cost – Again this Varies from Country to Country.
Government Subsidy on Home Solar Panel System
Government of Different Countries around the world offer subsidy to encourage Solar Panel Installation and use of Renewable Energy. This subsidy is different in different countries. For e.g. Subsidy offered by USA is different from Subsidy in India or China.
India Government gives about 30% Subsidy on Installation of Home Solar Panel System.
Solar Energy Cost in India
Well, Cost depends on following factors:
- Electricity Requirement: Add up wattage of all the electrical appliances that you plan to use. Calculate how many hours per day the appliances will be used.
- Type of Solar Inverter needed. (1 kVA, 2 kVA, 3 kVA, 5 kVA, 7 kVA, 10 kVA).
- Size and / or Number of the solar battery needed.
- Number of solar modules needed.
- Cables and other electrical wiring accessories needed.
- Average Price Per Watt in India is $ 1.5
- If you need a 500 Watt solar system then price will be – 1.5 * 500 = $ 750 (Approx)
- Price of a 300 Watt solar system with battery in India will be between Rupees $550 to $ 650
- Price of a 1Kw solar system with battery in India will be about $ 1285
- Solar Energy – Journal, Uses, Types, Benefits
- How Solar Photovoltaic Cells Work
- Solar Home Lighting System – Price, Subsidy Scheme, Manufacturers
- How Solar Power Works
- Beginners Guide to Solar Panel
- How is Solar Electricity Produced from Solar Panels and Stored
- Alpha Cookson Solder Wire in India
- How Solar Water Heater Works
- Top 10 Solar Companies in the World
- Top Solar Companies in India
- Designing Australian Homes with Solar Energy in Mind
- Top Solar Companies in India Listed in Stock Market
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Solar Energy
- Top 10 Semiconductor Companies in USA