Solar Photovoltaic Panel System
Learn Basics of Solar Photovoltaic Panel System and How PV Panels Array Works to Generate Electricity from Solar Energy of the Sun.
Here we Learn Basics of Solar Photovoltaic Panel System and How PV Panels Array System Works to Generate Electricity from Solar Energy of the Sun.
What is a Photovoltaic Cell or Solar Cell?
A Photovoltaic Cell (PV Cell) or Solar Cell is the smallest and basic building block of a Photovoltaic System (Solar Module and a Solar Panel). These cells vary in size ranging from about 0.5 inches to 4 inches. These are made up of solar photovoltaic material that converts solar radiation into direct current (DC) electricity.
Read More on: PV Cell Working Principal
What is a Solar Module
A single photovoltaic cell can produce about 1 to 2 watts of electricity. This energy is too less for use in any household or for a commercial purpose.
Therefore, an array of these Solar PV Cells (60 or 72) are electrically connected together in series to form a PV Module. A PV Module can have 60 or 72 PV Cells depending upon the requirement. This connection is done by soldering using flux cored solder wire and PV Ribbon.
What is a Solar Photovoltaic Panel?
A single photovoltaic Module can produce very little electricity. This energy is too less for use in any household or for a commercial purpose. Hence, an array of such PV Modules are electrically connected together to form a larger Solar Photovoltaic Panel. A PV Panel can have any number of PV Modules depending requirement of Solar Energy.
How Solar Photovoltaic Panel System Works to Generate AC Electricity
A Array of Solar Photovoltaic Panel System generates DC Electricity. This DC Electricity is Converted to AC using a System called “Solar PV Balance-of-System” (BOS).
The BOS System uses some equipment to convert DC to AC. Such Equipment include:
- Solar Panels to Generate DC from Sunlight.
- An inverter to convert DC to AC.
- Solar Battery to Store the electricity.
- Few other electrical wiring accessories for installation of the system to work.
- How Solar Power Works
- How is Solar Electricity Produced from Solar Panels and Stored
- Solar Panel Installation Guide – Step by Step Process
- Australian Homes with Solar Energy
- Home Solar Panel System – Cost, Government Subsidy
- How Solar Water Heater Works
- Solar Home Lighting System – Price, Subsidy Scheme, Manufacturers
- Top 10 Solar Companies in the World
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Solar Energy
- Solar Energy Cost
- How Semiconductor Works
- Top 50 Semiconductor Manufacturing Companies in the World
- Top Silicon Wafer Manufacturing Companies in the World
- Solar Energy Companies in India – List of Solar Power Companies
- Top 10 Solar Companies in India Listed in Stock Market
- Types of Electric Current | AC (Alternate Current) | DC (Direct Current)
- Electronics and Electricity Basics